Sunday 11 May 2014

Forget Me Not

I love Sundays almost as much as I love Fridays when I clock off work at 4:30pm having that excitement knowing I can live by my own rules for a couple of days. So what better way of getting to know me a little bit by joining us on our typical leisurely Sunday...


Phew, I actually started to write my first post. Nick is probably jumping for joy somewhere knowing I won't go on about how nervous I have been about starting!

One of my biggest enjoyments is walking & luckily this is something me & Nick have in common. We may live close to Manchester but the beauty of the countryside is pretty much on our doorstep too. Today we decided last minute to go for an afternoon walk round one of favourite local walks 'The Roman Lakes'.

This walk for me has a bit of everything starting off by the Marple Bridge Canal heading off through to more secluded paths where we get to cross the 'Roman Bridge'. Today I thought with the rain we've had recently the beauty shown through its extra luscious green and the river flowing much faster added such depth to this picturesque scene.




If you haven't seen my Instagram then I will warn you (and apologise) that I am obsessed with flowers. Today these little beauties were popping up everywhere. I had to Google them (like you do) and they are 'Forget Me Nots' - well these instantly took me back to my child hood days with my Nana with my flower fairy books. Anyone else have them??

Growing up you probably wouldn't of seen me for dust but now I am a little older not so much wiser the outdoors is certainly becoming my friend; unlike my fashion sense.

What do you love doing outdoors???

I'd love to hear about your adventures...


4 comments:

  1. Wonderful first post hun! See.. you had nothing to be nervous about! ;) It was lovely getting to know you a little better. :D

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the support Felicity, I'm really pleased you like it!

      xxx

      Delete
  2. You are so right Friday and Sunday's are amazing.

    Meg | Meghan Silva's Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are aren't they :)

      I love your about me page BTW, I am quite girly to but I have a real love for Ice Hockey. I noticed on your blog it was your birthday a couple days ago so happy birthday.

      Look forward to reading some of your posts xx

      Delete