Sunday 22 June 2014

Dunster Dreams

Feeling happy, loved, exhausted & overwhelmed but I certainly wouldn't change any of that. For those who follow me on Instagram you'll already know that we got the keys to our first home on Friday after we finished work. On the drive to my house I had the kind of smile that hurts your cheekbones & the no worries of wondering where I was going to park as I now had my very own driveway.

Having prepared earlier in the week we had already bought the paint ready to start decorating 2 of the main bedrooms that we'd chosen to do first. After stuffing our faces with Papa Johns pizza my parents came round to help set us on our way to get us started on the decorating.

Later on my sister 'B' came along with her boyfriend. My sister being the lovely lady that she is made us a moving-in chocolate cake with the cutest roses detailed on the top. It has to be said the cake was delicious as always. I hope were lucky enough to get round 2 when we move all the furniture next weekend.

This was my first time painting so it's safe to say that you should definitely wear clothes that you're never going to wear publicly again...absolutely covered in white paint I was. The funniest part was when my mum said 'don't forget to look around when you move as you don't want to stand in the paint'...so what do I do 5 minutes later; yes that's I right stood on the paint lid.

They say that it is in the top 3 of the most stressful things that a person can go through in life; We might not have fully moved in yet & I can say that it hasn't been a breeze but I wouldn't change that. It's our new home, new memories, lots of DIY projects to learning new skills but it's the next chapter in our future which I wouldn't change for the world!!!

Have you bought a house?
How was it?
Any useful tips?
 

5 comments:

  1. How exciting!!! Congrats! Buying (& selling) a home is definitely one of the most stressful life experiences, but so worth it. Have fun decorating & making it your own :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Myra, I am so excited for decorating although my wish lists get bigger by the day oops :) x

      Delete
  2. Yay! I am so happy for you guys! :D I can't wait until Ben and I can purchase our own home one day. :) Love the colour choice for your walls as well! ;)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Felicity, It will be amazing feeling when you & Ben get your own home :) I'm so glad I picked 'milk white' for my walls, I can start buying coloured house accessories to bring colour to our rooms :)

      xxx

      Delete
  3. so pleased for you!! i know this happened a while ago now but congrats on the new home :) xxx

    ReplyDelete